It is through the Municipal Courts that most citizens in the State come into contact with the judicial system, either as a defendant, a victim, or a witness. Since most citizens will never appear before another court, it is from their experience in the Municipal Courts that most people base their conclusions about the quality of justice in New Jersey. NJMC direct is a fast, secure, convenient way to access your traffic ticket information online.
In order for a ticket to be eligible for payment through NJMCdirect.com, it must meet the following criteria:
- The violation is a payable violation.
- The officer who issued the ticket did not indicate a court appearance was required.
- No warrants have been issued for the ticket.
- The ticket may be on a Time Payment Order.
NJMCdirect.com will allow you to view your ticket online, without/before making a payment. The traffic ticket is usually available to view on NJMCdirect.com between 1 to 4 days after it is issued. If a ticket is not available, please try again later. NJMCdirect.com does not allow a lookup by license plate number or driver’s license number. You will need an NJMC traffic ticket to use NJMCdirect.com.
How to process a payment on NJMCdirect?
- Visit the NJMC’s website through the official website.
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Enter the ‘Court ID’ in the first column followed by ‘Ticket Prefix’, ‘Ticket Number’ and ‘License Plate Number’ in the adjacent columns.
- Once the details are validated, it proceeds to the payment portal.
- Here the payment can be made using Credit /Debit card.
The payment can also be made in person at the court, or you can mail a check or Money order.
|Customer Care No.||9732844945|
Advantages of making the payment online:
- Increased Speed and Convenience:
E-payment is very convenient compared to traditional payment methods such as cash or check. Since you can pay for services online at any time of day or night, from any part of the world, you don’t have to spend time queuing in and waiting for your turn to transact. Nor do you have to wait for a check to clear the bank so you can access the funds. E-payment also eliminates the security risks that come with handling cash money.
- Reduced Transaction Costs:
While there are no additional charges for making a cash payment, trips to the court typically cost money, and checks also need postage. On the other hand, there are usually no fees – or very small ones – to swipe your card or pay online. In the long run, e-payment could save both individuals and businesses hundreds to thousands of dollars in transaction fees.
If the payments are made using a Visa or a Master card, additional fees called ‘Convenience Fee’ is charged. The Convenience Fee is based on the penalty and the amount of the traffic ticket.
Required Things And Details
There is no login required. All you need is the below things for the traffic ticket payment.
- Good Internet connection.
- Payments can be made via Computer or mobile.
- Parking or Traffic Ticket.
- License plate number.
- Payment can be made using Credit/Debit card.
About the Company:
The Municipal Courts in New Jersey are considered courts of limited jurisdiction, having responsibility for motor vehicle and parking tickets, minor criminal-type offenses (for example, simple assault and bad checks), municipal ordinance offenses (such as dog barking or building code violations) and other offenses, such as fish and game violations.
A Municipal Court usually has jurisdiction only over cases that occur within the boundaries of its municipality. Many serious criminal cases, such as robbery, auto theft, or assault, start out as complaints filed in the Municipal Court but those cases are transferred to the Superior Court located at the county courthouse.
Additional Information/Important points to remember during payment:
- The payments must be made before the due date or the court can Issue a warrant, Suspend Driver’s license or impose additional fines.
- The court must be notified within 3 days, should there be any address change.
- If by chance the payment could not be made on time, the court must be informed in writing or via phone with valid reason.
- Except for a parking ticket, a record of the conviction will be sent to the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) that issued your license. Effective September 30, 2005, if you hold a commercial driver’s license and you are convicted of two or more serious traffic violations, the MVC may be depending on your record, suspend your commercial driving privileges even if the violations were committed in a non-commercial motor vehicle.
- For specific questions regarding ticket information, please contact the municipal court directly.
Customer Care/Contact Information:
For more detailed questions relating to traffic ticket information, you can contact the responsible Municipal Court directly to the office.
- New Jersey Municipal court address: 365 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306, USA and the telephone number is +1 201-209-6700.
- New Jersey Judiciary Office of Communications: PO BOX 039 Trenton, New Jersey 08625.